Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Guitar Cake

This is my first guitar cake.  I think I would do a few things differently next time, but everyone loved the cake and didn't notice the mistakes.

I used the Wilton guitar pan, but since I love working with fondant, I decided to use all fondant on the top portion of the cake.  I hand painted the wood grain, and added other embellishments to the top in fondant.  If I would have had more time, I might have added a pick guard. My biggest error was not decorating the fret board!  Can't believe I forgot that.  And I wish I would have also piped the birthday message in another color, but that brown icing so enraging.  I used almost an entire container of gel color and it was still a peanut butter color.  :(

The strings are white floral wire.  I attempted to pipe them over and over again, but it was a mess each time.  Thank God I was piping on fondant - always a "pipe and wipe" situation if you mess up.

Everyone loved it.






No comments:

Post a Comment