Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My First Wedding Cake

I may have said this before, so I apologize if I'm repeating myself since it's been so long since I've written.

There's a very good reason that there are a bunch of reality television shows based on cake, bakeries and the like.

Because cake = DRAMA!

And I tackled the highest drama cake there is. The wedding cake!  There were tears.  There were disasters. But in the end, it all worked out.  I know it wasn't completely perfect, but they loved it, the guests loved it and it tasted amazing!

It was chocolate cake with oreo buttercream filling.  Outside was regular buttercream finished in the petal effect.  Pearls are chocolate.  White flowers are fondant with pearl accents.  Topper is fresh floral bouquet.

And I'm happily doing this again in April.











No comments:

Post a Comment